Things I Think
1. If you haven’t been paying attention, one of the biggest grass roots social media campaigns ever in the church is forming to help free pastor Saeed Abedini. Over 12,000 people have already marked out Dec 4th to participate. We need you…every person matters, every voice strengthens the choir. Sign up over on Facebook or Google +, then watch these spaces tomorrow for our Wednesday schedule.
2. The real issue involved with the Mark Driscoll plagiarism charges isn’t simply his proven sin in copying material without attribution. The real issue is the failure to acknowledge the sin and publicly repent. When the public faces of the faith refuse to lead by holding to the ethical standards they proclaim, they should at least lead in demonstrating how to repent when they fail to do so.
3. Talking about what a great Christian Paul Crouch was is like me talking about how smart my cat is…depends on what you’re comparing both with. Nobody in history spread more heresy farther or stole more money from the most vulnerable in the Body of Christ than Crouch and his wife.
4. My bathroom is full of cleaners of every sort for both my body and my home…we must be the cleanest generation in history. The great defilement as always, is internal and we may be the most defiled generation in history as well. A few years ago most of my requests for marriage counseling were related to money, today, it’s mostly about porn.
5. Don’t wait for a leader to to solicit your participation in matters of Christian conscience…be a leader among your own circle of influence and help others make a difference.
6. “He not busy being born is busy dying.” Truest thing Dylan ever wrote…
7. When leaders in the church can have their sin covered without repentance and without consequences they teach their people to expect the same privileges…
8. One of the gifts I give my son is failing in front of him, admitting the failure, and asking forgiveness. If I’m not afraid, he won’t be either.
9. I’m finally at a point in life where I feel worse about bringing shame to the name of Christ than embarrassing myself…the older I get, the more He matters.
10. I wish you all could see the incredible work being done by folks just like you all over the country to #freesaeed…it’s both humbling and inspiring. Join us…you matter.