1. As I end yet another year of blogging , I’m amazed and discouraged at how right I was years ago and how little difference it makes. I knew the internet would become the new Wittenburg door, but I thought minor “reformations” would follow. Didn’t happen…if anything, things are worse in terms of ecclesiastical accountability.
2. I’m teaching through the book of Hosea in our church. The amount of scholarly dispute over interpretation and words have made doing so a daunting task…if you really think that all there is to preaching is “simply teaching the Bible simply” you are a theological simpleton.
3. “For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.” (Hosea 6:6 ESV). My meditation for the week…Jesus referred to this verse twice. The interpretation has huge implications.
4. That verse is also a very good reminder that the First Testament was the Bible Jesus read…and affirmed.
5. Next week begins Advent, or so I’m told. It’s not included on most evangelical calendars…not like Black Friday and Super Bowl Sunday.
6. When God pronounces judgment on a people, it’s almost always followed with a plea to repent and receive His unfathomable forgiveness and love. When the church pronounces judgment, too often it smiles and closes the book…
7. Today is “Cyber Monday” in case you’ve sinned against the economy and left some space on your credit cards.
8. I’m so thankful Jerry Lee never recorded a Christmas album so I can still say I love all his work.
9. It’s a damn shame that peace broke out in the Middle East and cut 45 minutes of material out of the year end prophecy conferences.
10.Yes, I’m cranky. When you work in retail, the “holidays” are all about survival. Ho ho this. I’ll repent in January.
Copyright © 2012. All Rights Reserved.