Huge thanks to EricL for the link help…support him supporting us at the top right.
If you’re Gospel For Asia, you just go hack yourself.
I’ve seen this before…
The videos have been “debunked” and the practice of abortion defended by people who on other issues have been known as thoughtful and intelligent.
It is as if they do not, truly cannot, see the grim and vicious procedure for what it is.
My only frame of reference for such blindness was my own grandmother.
I was a hellion as a teenager, a drunken hellion at that.
Everyone knew this as I never made any attempt to hide it.
My grandma did not believe this wicked report and even when I would arrive at her home too drunk to stand she would deny what her eyes showed her.
She loved me too much to believe the truth…the truth would be what she believed no matter the evidence.
My only question now is this.
What is it that abortion supporters love so much that they choose to be blind to the truth?
2. While my liberal friends have rightly noted that if one is pro-life they must be pro-life after the the child is born, the reverse must be true as well. I’m not sure how this escapes them…
3. No matter how hard I try, I still cannot develop a taste for fiction in literature. I’m sure that this is to my detriment.
4. Who would have ever thought that Oregon wouldn’t get enough rain?
5. I got an email the other day asking me what I thought about the “shemitah” teachings. I had to look it up. It seems that the prophecy wonks have a new wagon to load with money from people who love sensationalist eschatology. I guess that’s what I think about it….
6. I think from now on I’m going to call eschatological sensationalism “end times porn”. Yes, I think I will…
7. Tullian Tchividjian filed for divorce. Evidently, radical grace has it’s limits too…
8. In the 14th century, approximately 50% of Europe died from the plague. Oddly enough, it was not a ‘sign of the times”…
9. Today on Calvin’s Corner Phil asked me what the most neglected doctrine in the church is today… what do you think it is?
10. The specific details of the Older Testament law are not binding on the Christian…the principles are.
5 For it was not to angels that God subjected the world to come, of which we are speaking.
- Back to the angels – Interesting Deut 32:8 “When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he divided mankind, he fixed the bordersof the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.”
- LXX – “…according to the number of the angels of God.”
- The writer makes a striking point when he throws in ‘the world to come’.
- ***The world to come – there IS a new world to come***
- This existence, this world, what we go through is not God’s final world.
- ***Read Rev 21*** – “No more Tears –No more Death – No more Mourning – No more Crying and No more Pain.
6 It has been testified somewhere, “What is man, that you are mindful of him, or the son of man, that you care for him?
- I love the way the writer says – ‘somewhere’ – somewhere in the Bible.
- Verses 6-8 – the quotation from Psalm 8: 4-6
- What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?
- 5 Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. 6 You have given him dominion over the works of your hands;you have put all things under his feet,
- *** Who is the Psalmist Speaking of?***
- The Psalmist is writing about Adam
- *** Who is the writer to the Hebrews Speaking of?***
- The writer to the Hebrews sees Jesus in his earthly state.
- Man = Mankind – which today = Person kind – he / she kind
- What we see here are references to ***God’s sovereignty and providential care of the Human Race***
- And placing humans over the earth.
- ***Son of Man – Dan 7:13*** “I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him.”
- Son of man = his deity not his manhood.
7 You made him for a little while lower than the angels; you have crowned him with glory and honor.
- When was Jesus made lower than the angels?
- Verse 9 makes it clear that the writer has moved from Adam to Jesus.
- What is the relationship between Adam and Jesus?
- Jesus is the 2nd & greater Adam
- Romans 5:12-21 – v12Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned… v18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. 19 For as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous..
- Verse 19 – what do you think about it?
- Who did Jesus do this for? Everyone or just the Elect?
- Is everyone going to heaven? NO!
- Is everyone rising again to Eternal Life? YES!
8 putting everything in subjection under his feet.” Now in putting everything in subjection to him, he left nothing outside his control. At present, we do not yet see everything in subjection to him.
- ***What is included in EVERYTHING?***
- Everything means everything – and that includes the angels.
- ***Who controls EVERYTHING?***
- Nothing is outside the control of Jesus.
- Putting everything in subjection under his feet
- Do we see that now? No, just look at the world – but it is true.
9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.
- It took this long into the book to name Jesus by name.
- ***Made lower than the angels***
- This is just an emphasis on his humanness – when Jesus came to earth be took on a body just as we have, with all its problems and limitations.
- Jesus is NOT God in a people suit – The Movie Cocoons
- What are some limitations we have with bodies?
- Think about the decision to become man – it was for a period of time here on earth – to accomplish something.
- But it was for all time, Jesus is fully God and fully man forever.
- Crowned with glory & honor – this is his current state.
- ***Tasting death for everyone***
- This is the purpose of the death of Jesus.
- There was a Rabbinic saying “Taste the cup of death.”
- What was said to James & John when they wanted a special position?
- “Can you drink of the cup I will drink of?”
- Jesus didn’t just make this up – this was backed by a whole Jewish tradition.
- What was in the cup? Death!! Jesus did not just sip at this cup – he gulped it down – he gulped down death for all.
“They hate him who reproves in the gate, and they abhor him who speaks the truth. Therefore because you trample on the poor and you exact taxes of grain from him, you have built houses of hewn stone, but you shall not dwell in them; you have planted pleasant vineyards, but you shall not drink their wine. For I know how many are your transgressions and how great are your sins— you who afflict the righteous, who take a bribe, and turn aside the needy in the gate.
Therefore he who is prudent will keep silent in such a time, for it is an evil time.”
(Amos 5:10–13 ESV)
I’m learning to be prudent.
I would love to offer my take on any one of a number of issues, but have no desire to pay the current going price for having a thoughtful and researched opinion about anything.
We don’t debate issues and facts anymore.
We take a position and demonize and vilify all those who differ.
If you happen to have some sort of prominence in social media (our otherwise), your private life and person will be the subject of manic scrutiny to shame and discredit you.
Character assassination has replaced good, old, traditional, assassination as a means of silencing the opposition.
The currency of the day is anger, whether the issues and people we are angry with have done anything in reality to merit it.
Our leaders, both in church and the political realm, are using fear to create more anger and the things they say are not always true.
We are not being informed, we are being manipulated.
No one is seeking solutions or the common good, they are seeking election, influence, and cash.
We live in a terribly and wonderfully complex world and all our issues and solutions will be terribly complex as well.
They will require thought and discernment and probably sacrifice.
We seem to be content with finding someone to blame and doing them in.
The people of God have a great advantage in such a time…the indwelling mind of God in the Holy Spirit.
We should be leading the way in bringing truth to the table and bringing all to sit at that table and find solutions.
Instead, many are leading in harshness and invective that will divide and defeat us all.
We are almost over the edge.
The people you disagree with on a given issue are not stupid, evil, or bent on the destruction of the country.
They are probably not committed to bringing about Armageddon.
They have real reasons for believing what they believe just as you do.
If we’re going to find real answers, we have to hear each other.
I would say more, but I’m choosing to be prudent…
Make your own application…
So, I got an email asking if I was going to go through 32 million email addresses to see who I could nail.
That would be… no.
I would think that most people using a site like this would use a pseudonym and would be difficult to trace.
My guess is that we might see some high profile divorce papers filed in the next few months without details being released.
This is just another tragedy that shows us the depths of sin in our collective souls and the need for revival in the land.
A lot of people are going to be hurt, a lot of families broken, and a lot of healing and counseling needed.
The truth will come out…we just have to be ready to deal with it.