The reality is that this is the first time in recent memory that the gay lobby has lost a battle in favor of a greater economic force. The cultural capitulation to homosexuality started with the large corporations for economic reasons, not moral or ethical ones…and retaking any ground begins with understanding what really happened over the last two weeks. The gay lobby would love nothing more than for this to be seen as a publicity stunt rather than a defeat at the hand of the masses.
2. The two main expectations in the NT for believers are love and suffering…and they are intrinsically linked. There is no such thing as true faith without real suffering. They don’t tell you this when they draft you…
3. Perhaps the most troubling trend I see for our cultural future is that through the internet and “entertainment” we are modeling conflict as communication and polarization as the preferred position. Thus we have replaced the art of compromise and statesmanship with extremism looking for conflict. That…is dangerous.
4. The Bible knows nothing of unorganized religion…
5. Behind every renegade pastor (celebrity or not) are a team of renegade elders and a renegade board who share in and enable his sins.
6. One of greatest schemes of the devil these days is to blind us to the 7000 who haven’t bowed their knee to Baal…God still has a mighty big remnant.
7. Another scheme has been to convince the church that preaching on holiness diminishes grace and leads to legalism. I’ve fallen for both lies…
8. Pain is often the greatest predictor of the presence of God.
9.“All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”(2 Corinthians 5:18-20ESV). The heart of God and the core of the Gospel is unforced reconciliation between God and man and between people at odds for the sake of the Gospel. When we are content with enmity we deny both the heart of God and the Gospel that saved us.
10. Leaders who are caught in sins like plagiarism and lies then refuse to confess, repent, and seek restoration are as disqualified from ministry as they would be if caught in the act of sodomy. If you can’t model the fundamentals, you aren’t fit to teach them.
With that, we end the first decade of the Phoenix Preacher.
I thank you for all the years you’ve read, commented, encouraged, rebuked, and supported me.
If the Lord wills and you keep reading, we’ll keep on going for a few more.
May God bless you and perfect all that concerns you in the coming year…thanks again.