Things I Think
2. I have a handle on exactly one of the political issues we’re wrestling with and that after almost three years of intense study. That issue is not economics, which despite my background as a banker and stockbroker I don’t really understand at all. I am ill informed at best and utterly ignorant at worst about most of the issues I’m supposed to make an informed vote on…and there is no place to find reasoned explanations and discussions to educate myself.
3. I think we vote the same way we choose a theology…according to tradition and emotional triggers.
4. I never cease to be alternately amused and dismayed by the heat generated whenever a discussion of the Rapture takes place.
5. What if…there was a branch of the ODM contingent dedicated to finding the common ground between the differing flavors of Christians?
6. I think eschatology is a much more enjoyable study when you define it as Jesus coming back to bring heaven and earth together instead of Jesus coming to catch lazy virgins who need an oil change.
7. If you spend any time in the older testament you will quickly discern that God’s main complaint against His people is idolatry. I think it still is…
8. Windows 8…great concept, poorly executed. Could still be the next big thing…
9. Praying for my East Coast friends while being thankful I live in Oregon…no hurricanes, tornadoes or other catastrophic weather. Just the occasional volcanic explosion…
10. The fact that I hold a different doctrinal position than you do doesn’t mean that I “disagree with God’s word”.